EasyBCD allows you to create a multiboot environment in order to run multiple operating systems on the same computer. The application also features BCD (Boot Configuration Data) Backup / Repair utilities that provide users with the possibility to reset the BCD configuration or to recreate and repair boot files.The software features a well-organized interface, as each function gets its own section. You can get an overview of the current settings on your computer, the installed OSes and their order. Changing their names and their position in the list is as easy as pressing two buttons.
When it comes to tweaking the current boot entries, you can change the Safe Mode type or you can limit Windows to use only a certain number of CPUs. Furthermore, you can choose to run the OS in Kernel-Debug Mode or in SOS/Verbose-Boot Mode.
EasyBCD allows you to adjust the time that needs to pass until the default OS is booted (after a given number of seconds) or you can disable this timeout completely and set it to wait for user input.
New boot entries can be added (of Windows, Linux, or Mac) from any external devices, while you also have the option of creating a bootable media from a certain partition. Experts can rely on EasyBCD to reset the BCD of your PC, re-create or repair boot files, and change the boot drive.
The Useful Utilities section displays several options, but most of them load Windows' standard tools, such as Control Panel, System Restore or System Information.
To summarize, EasyBCD offers users to take full control over the computer's boot menu and to customize a bunch of boot options. It can be successfully be used to repair Windows installations and to backup the bootloader.
Here are some key features of "EasyBCD Community Edition":
- Boot into XP/Vista/7/Ubuntu/OS X and more!
- Boot from USB, Network, ISO images, Virtual Harddisks (VHD), WinPE, and more!
- Repair the Windows bootloader, change your boot drive, create a bootable USB, and more!
- Rename entries, set default boot target, change BCD timeout, hide the boot menu, and more!
- Create your own custom boot sequence, hide drives on boot, backup and restore configurations, and more!
What's New in This Release:
- New: EasyBCD Multi-Language Localization Support
- New: Windows 8 support
- New: Automatically create backup of BCD store the first time EasyBCD is run
- New: Add VHDX support to EasyBCD
- New: Volume licensing option for commercial edition
- Fixed: EasyBCD doesn't detect any entries if EFI bootmgr is installed
- Fixed: EasyBCD does not properly interpret pae=yes or pae=no
- Fixed: EasyBCD can't exit when closing after unsafe removal of loaded USB
- Fixed: EasyBCD hangs on Windows 8 w/ .NET 4
- Fixed: Setting locale for VHD entry causes entry corruption
- Fixed: Setting advanced settings for WinPE entry after creation corrupts entry
- Separate the update info URIs for the commercial and community editions
- EasyBCD picture in setup welcome screen
- Use new EasyBCD and NeoSmart Technologies logos.
- Date format in default EasyBCD backup filenames is YYYY-MM-DD regardless of locale for sort reasons
- Append (#) to default EasyBCD backup name if already exists
- Support High-Contrast Theme
- High DPI su...